ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ II
MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9
Đề số: 2 – Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
Listen to the passage and decide if the following statements are true (T) or false (F). (2 points)
l. You should place heavy books on the bottom shelf of your bookshelves.
2. Place the rollers on the fridge and washing machine.
3. Break the mirrors in your bathroom and bedroom.
4. Put your bed a distance from a window.
5. Stay inside during an earthquake.
6. Sit on the table during an earthquake.
7. Going somewhere during an earthquake is really safe.
8. Stand in the middle of the room during an earthquake.
II. Circle the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete each of the
following sentences. (2.5points)
1. They made their living by _________ fish in the ocean every day.
A. to catch; B. catch; C. catching; D. caught;
2. They felt _________ when Tet was coming near.
A. excitement; B. excited; C. excitedly; D. exciting;
3. I suggest _________up the beach.
A. clean; B. to clean; C. cleaned; D. cleaning;
4. Thuy’s grandmother turned the television _________ to see the weather
A. off; B. up; C. on; D. down;
5. Auld Lang Syne is a song which is sung on _________ .
A. Easter; B. New Year’s Day; C. Christmas; D. New Year’s Eve
6. There is too much traffic. _________ , the air is polluted.
A. Since; B. Therefore; C. However; D. But;
7. Solar energy doesn’t cause _________ .
A. pollution; B. polluted; C. pollute; D. pollutant;
8. My friend Nigel, _________works in the City Bank, earns much more
than I do.
A. whose; B. that; C. who; D. which;
9. If people _________energy, there will be no shortage of electricity.
A. save; B. will save; C. saving; D. would save;
10. The children laughed _________when they are watching a comic.
A. happily; B. happy; C. happiness; D. unhappy;
III. Write the correct form of the words in brackets. (1.5 points)
1. If it doesn’t rain soon, there’ll be a great ………………………of water. (short)
2. We can protect the environment: by ………………….. air pollution. (reduce)
3. The price of ……………………………..has gone up again. (electric)
4. We’ll live a happier and ………………………..life if we keep our environment
5. She was ……………………….pleased that she passed the exam. (extreme)
6. He is one of the most famous …………………..in the world. (environment)
IV. Read the following passage and decide if the following statements
are true (T) or false (F). (2 points)
There are many celebrations throughout the year in Viet Nam, but Tet or the
Lunar New Year is the most important celebration for Vietnamese people.
Tet usually occurs in late January or early February. A few days before Tet
is the time for people to clean and decorate their homes. During Tet, people,
old and young, enjoyed special food cooked on the occasion of Tet. It is
also the time for family members to be together.
1. The Lunar New Year is another name for Tet.
2. Tet usually begins in early January.
3. People often make their houses nice and new for Tet.
4. Tet is the time for family reunions.
V. Use the suggested words to write a speech. (2.0 points)
1. You / thought / taking / bus / school?
2. This /be / fast and comfortable way / travel / everywhere.
3. Besides / it / be / effective way / save energy.
4. So / go / school / bus / and / you / will see /difference.
———— THE END ————
Filed under: LỚP 9-KỲ II-KT HỌC KỲ |